Conversations You Should be Having With Your Doctor – and How to Have Them
Date(s) - 20 Jun 2013
12:10 PM - 12:50 PM
Orlando Public Library
The Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series is a monthly program intended to help caregivers find answers to their questions. The objectives for this session include:
- What things are not as important to talk about with my doctor? I don’t want to waste my doctor’s time.
- I can never remember my aches and pains when I’m with my doctor and only remember them once I’m home. What should I do?
- I’m too embarrassed to talk about certain areas of my body with my doctor, how do I overcome this?
- Should I talk to my medical doctor only about issues concerning my physical health? Why is mental health and sadness so important to mention?
- From a healthcare provider standpoint, what are the top things you want to know about your patients? Does this differ by age? Does it differ by illness?
- What about if I’m in the hospital? Why is this information so important to my doctor?