Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series
The Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series is a monthly program intended to help seniors and caregivers find answers to their questions. It is held every 2nd Tuesday @ the West Oaks Library @ 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday, September 10 * 10:30 – 11:30 am * West Oaks Library
“Common Drug Interactions & Reactions to Medications”
Cynthia Torres, Center for Drug Free Living
- How does the body of an elder absorb drugs differently than the body of a younger person?
- Many elders take multiple medications. What are the current challenges of polypharmacy?
- Can herbal, vitamins and over-the-counter drugs create adverse reactions with prescription medications?
- What are some adverse medication reactions to look out for?
- When can a glass of wine or beer be a problem?
- Which drugs are the most challenging to take correctly – or have the most side effects?
- How should medication be taken? (taken with food or water, when you wake up, or before going to bed)