Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series
Date(s) - 11 Sep 2013
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Alafaya Public Library
The Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series is a free monthly program intended to help seniors and caregivers find answers to their questions. It is held every 2nd Wednesday @ the Alafaya Public Library @ 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 11 * 1:00 – 2:00 pm * Alafaya Library
“Safeguarding Mom from Financial Exploitation & Abuse”
Jamie Loomis, Winter Park Police Department
- What is the Florida Statute definition of finance abuse and exploitation?
- What are some common types of fraud?
- Who is most likely to be the perpetrator in a case of financial abuse or exploitation?
- What can I do to protect myself BEFORE I become a victim?
- What can families do to protect their parents? Especially when they live out-of-town?
- Where can I obtain a free copy of my credit report?
- What are the best local & state fraud resources?
- What steps should I take if I think I’m a victim of fraud?
- Where can I go for help?
- How should I document the incident?