Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series
Date(s) - 19 Sep 2013
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM
Orlando Public Library
The Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series is a free monthly program intended to help seniors and caregivers find answers to their questions. It is held every 3rd Thursday @ the Orlando Public Library @ 12:10 p.m.
Thursday, September 19 * 12:10 – 12:50 pm * Orlando Library – 3rd Floor, Albertson Rm
“Getting the Best Care for Mom in a Residential Care Facility”
Rebecca Gaudious, Golden Pond Communities
- How does a residential care facility become a “home”?
- How can you foster the best transition into a new home.
- What information about hobbies, interest and personality quirks should you share?
- What questions should you be asking staff?
- What questions should you be asking your loved one?
- How much should they be in their room (or participating in activities).
- How to spot depression – and how to address it if it is present.
- How to handle sensitive topics with staff.