Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series
The Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series is a free monthly program intended to help seniors and caregivers find answers to their questions. It is held every 2nd Tuesday @ the West Oaks Library @ 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday, August 13 * 10:30 – 11:30 am * West Oaks Library
“Common Eye Ailments”
Brian Michaels, Florida Division of Blind Services
- What are the most common age-related eye ailments? (macular degeneration, cataracts, stroke related, yellowing of the lens, floaters, flashes of light, etc)
- What are best ways of compensating for these eye diseases?
- Is there medication that can help? Can eye solutions with Lutein help?
- What about aids and devices that I could buy?
- Are there any simple strategies that can help me with writing?
- Which lighting is best?
- What colors should be avoided in printed materials?
- What can I do to improve the way I interact with someone with an eye ailment?