Friends of Lake Apopka FOLA 40 Bike Ride
Date(s) - 2 Apr 2017
7:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Winter Garden City Hall
FIRST EVER “FOLA 40” BIKE RIDE AROUND LAKE APOPKA – is scheduled for Sunday, April 2, 2017. The 40-mile bike ride around Lake Apopka intends to: Raise awareness about the restoration Lake Apopka. The ride (not a race) will start at the Winter Garden Farmers Market area between 7:30-8am. Cyclists will head east on the West Orange Trail and ride counter-clockwise around the lake This is to dotwo MAJOR things: 1) Raise awareness about our two amazing trails (West Orange & Lake Apopka Loop) 2)Raise awareness of the need to connect the two trails. To register for the ride please visit www.active.com and search for FOLA 40
There will be 4 rest stops (energy drink & energy bars provided by Crooked Can):
- Magnolia Park (sponsor: City of Apopka)
- Halfway point of the Lake Apopka Loop Trail (sponsor: St Johns River Water Management District)
- Green Mountain Scenic Byway Trailhead (sponsor: Green Mountain Scenic Byway Committee)
- Killarney Station(sponsor: Oakland Nature Preserve)
- Finish at Crooked Can Brewery in Winter Garden
Lake Apopka Loop Trail is a gravel trail. Hybrid, mountain, or cyclo-cross bikes are recommended. The registration fee is $40 and the first 100 registrants get a “FOLA 40” t-shirt and a free beverage!
Many thanks to our two primary sponsors: Winter Garden Wheel Works & Crooked Can Brewing Company. | FOLA plans to make the FOLA 40 an annual event.