Local Resources for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Seminar
Date(s) - 10 Jul 2013
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Alafaya Branch Library
This seminar is part of the Orange County Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series. This seminar is presented by Kimberly Grabert, Florida Dept. of Children & Families. The objectives she will be covering include:
- Where can I find information on local resources?
- Are there any support groups that offer emotional support?
- Where can I find information on childcare subsidies?
- Is there somewhere we can go to get homework help?
- What documents are needed to get my grandchild enrolled in school or the doctor or ER?
- For long term guardianship
- What is the difference between temporary and permanent custody?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- Is there an adoption option?
- What is the difference between obtaining a placement letter through DCF vs. going through the court system yourself?
- If I choose to complete the custody applications myself, is there a local resource I can go for help in completing this form(s)?
For more information call: (407) 835-7323