Safeguarding Mom from Financial Exploitation & Abuse
Date(s) - 11 Sep 2013
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Alafaya Branch Library
The Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series is a month program created by the Orange County Commission on Aging to help elders and their caregivers learn more about elder services and the aging network. Objectives for this seminar include:
- What is the Florida Statute definition of finance abuse and exploitation?
- What are some common types of fraud?
- Who is most likely to be the perpetrator in a case of financial abuse or exploitation?
- What can I do to protect myself BEFORE I become a victim?
- What can families do to protect their parents?� Especially when they live out-of-town?
- Where can I obtain a free copy of my credit report?
- What are the best local & state fraud resources?
- What steps should I take if I think I’m a victim of fraud?
- Where can I go for help?
- How should I document the incident?