Social Security 101
Date(s) - 11 Jun 2013
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
The Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series is a monthly program intended to help caregivers find answers to their questions. The objectives for this session include:
- How do I get my social security card?
- What is the difference between SS, SSI and SSDI? When is which appropriate?
- What are the downsides of applying for SS @ age 62? (Do I get colas?)
- Can I apply for SSDI @ 62?
- What is the compassionate allowance program?
- How do I apply for benefits?
- What’s the latest on retirement age and how much money I’ll receive?
- If I continue to work, can I still receive social security?
- Who does not qualify for SS?
- If my husband took early SS (62) for 1 year and then dies. I continue working, and at the age 67 retire. Do I get his reduced benefits?
- Can I pay back the amount he received in early retirement and then get full benefits?
- What are the things most people don’t know about social security?