Understanding the Many Decisions of End-of-Life Planning
The Counsel for Caregivers Seminar Series is a month program created by the Orange County Commission on Aging to help elders and their caregivers learn more about elder services and the aging network.
To RSVP, please call or email: 407.836.7446 or email@example.com.
“Understanding the Many Decisions of End-of-Life Planning” - Steve Harding, Baldwin-Fairchild
- Key decisions that must be made including burial or cremation, funeral home, cemetery, music, flowers, etc.
- What are the costs (or range of costs)?
- What forms must be completed and how many copies of the death certificate should be requested.
- What is the timeframe that I must notify all financial institutions, Social Security, Medicare, etc?
- Does a surviving spouse need to change all the accounts (including the house deed) and what are these costs?
- How can you protect yourself from identity theft or fraud during this transition?
- How to assemble personal information for an obituary.
- How to inform friends and family that someone has passed.
- What preplanning should I consider to make the transition smoother?