Your kids will love to get into the kitchen with you on this recipe. My 11 year old niece Ashley shoves me out of the way now and makes this one all by herself. These mini corn dog muffins are kid tested and also husband approved! 🙂
This is a great Quick Family Recipe to make on a weeknight together because it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish! It’s seriously only 4 ingredients. I’ll warn you now, do not forget the PAM. This recipe is a complete disaster without it! 🙂 The leftovers make awesome lunches for your kids the rest of the week…they’ll love showing them off to their friends and sharing how they made dinner!
- 3 All Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 box of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup of Milk (I had milk allergies growing up, so my mom would sub in non-dairy creamer for this one;)
- Optional: Make whatever sides you like…we always went with oven baked waffle or curly fries! 🙂 We also always served with ketchup and mustard. For some reason I grew up mixing the two, but my niece has to keep them separate. 🙂
How To Make:
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- This is by far the most important step: Spray down your mini muffin pan with PAM. Seriously, pretend you are back in the 80s and have a lifetime supply of Aquanet! 😉 If you think you have sprayed it down enough, spray it again. This is the difference between having cute lil mini corn dog muffins and a pile of hot dog pieces and corn muffin mush! Nobody wants that! 😉
- Helpful Hint: Do yourself a favor and buy a bottle of PAM. I am all for saving money, but I have not found a store brand spray that works like PAM. Usually the store brand leaves a burnt, sticky, ooey gooey mess that will live on your pans for the rest of their lives. Buy the PAM…your pans will thank you for it and you’ll love just being able to wipe away the mess instead of trying to deal with scraping and soaking. I don’t know what PAM does to make their spray so different, but it’s magic and worth the extra money! 🙂
- In a mixing bowl, add the egg and milk along with the jiffy box mix. Stir together with a fork until smooth…you don’t want any clumps.
- Add a spoon full of the mixture to each mini muffin pan. Only fill up each muffin half way up…they will rise with cooking and create these crumbly muffin tops if you overfill them. They never come out of the pan as easily if you do! 😉
- Cut each hot dog into 8 pieces.
- Place a piece of hot dog into each mini muffin batter. Helpful Tip: Don’t push the pieces all the way down or you won’t have muffin bottoms. 🙂
- Place mini muffin pan in the preheated oven and cook 8-10 minutes until you start seeing golden brown edges. It only takes about 8-9 minutes for me. 🙂
- Flip the pan over onto a cooling rack and they should pop out pretty easily. You might have to take a spoon carefully to a few, but if you truly sprayed down your pan, then they should come out super easy! 🙂
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, chips, fries or whatever you want!
Another Quick Family Recipe and this one allows you to make memories cooking together and then enjoying your homemade meal together around the dinner table!
We’d love to see a picture of your family making this dish together…just post your pics using #ZRecipes.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com.
P.S. Sometimes, you lose a piece of corn bead here or the bottom doesn’t come out of the pan with it…it’s ok, they won’t all always be perfect, but they will all taste great! And once again, your kids will feel like the dinner time hero for making this one!:)