Red Velvet Cake
3.75c all purpose flour
4.5T cocoa powder
1.5t baking soda
3 large eggs
2.25c margarine, melted
1.5t vanilla extract
.25c + 2T red food coloring
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, margarine, buttermilk, vanilla and red coloring.
- In a mixer using the whisk attachment slowly pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture. Once incorporated mix on high for 30 seconds.
- Divide into 3 greased 9″ pans and bake on 350 for 26 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
16oz cream cheese, softened
2lbs Confectioner Sugar
• Beat cream cheese until smooth and completely softened, no lumps.
• With the mixer on low slowly add the sugar until completely incorporated.
• Mix on high 2 minutes, stopping once to scrape the bowl.