Chicken pot pie is so comforting, but sometimes takes too much time to make. I’ve been experimenting in my crockpot and decided to give this recipe a try. I played with the ingredient list to match what I already had in my pantry and this recipe came out perfect!
I was shocked to find out you could cook biscuits in the crockpot! 🙂 But, they came out perfectly…just know that it will taste more doughy like a dumpling.
If you already have leftover cooked chicken (or turkey), skip the first cooking time and just throw everything into the crockpot together (placing the biscuits on top, still) and cook on high for an hour.
This chicken pot pie in the crockpot was a huge win in my house…here’s hoping it is a hit for your family, too! Because it’s definitely easy! 🙂
Let’s get cooking together!
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1.5 Lbs of Frozen Chicken Breast
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- Bay Leaves
- 1 Frozen Bag of Mixed Veggies
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Can Grands Biscuits
How to Make:
- Later your ingredients into the crockpot. Start with chopped onion.
- Then add frozen chicken breast.
- Next add your seasoning – Thyme, parsley and oregano, along with salt and pepper.
- Next add your chicken stock and 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- Add your 2-3 bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 2.5-3 hours until chicken is cooked (If you are going to be gone at work all day, just cook on low for 6-8 hours).
- Remove bay leaves and use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Add your garlic and the entire bag of frozen mixed veggies. Use a spoon to stir together.
- Open your can of biscuits and place a layer of biscuits over top the entire crockpot.
- Replace lid and cook on high for 1 hour. The top of your biscuits will not brown, but they will be like a dumpling and delicious!
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler were surprised at how much this really tasted like chicken pot pie! It’s such an easy recipe. Let your kids make this entire meal for you and then share your pictures with us on Ellis and Tyler’s Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com