Learn How to Save a Life with CPR: It’s Easy, Fast & Free
Participants will learn:
- how to recognize sudden cardiac arrest (SCA)
- when and why to start CPR
- how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- hands-only CPR works…meet survivors!
Choose 1 of 3 Sessions: 10am, 12pm or 2pm. Approximately 45 minutes each.
All are welcome; ages 12 and up
Chance to Win a Prize!
WHY IS CPR TRAINING SO IMPORTANT:
- Each year over 356,000 people suffer Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) including 7,000 youth under age 18.
- SCA is a life-threatening emergency that occurs when the heart stops beating. When SCA happens, the person collapses and does not respond or breathe normally. They may gasp or shake as if having a seizure.
- Every second counts! SCA leads to death in minutes, if the person does not get help right away.
- You can triple a person’s chance of survival from SCA by starting CPR immediately.
- 7 in 10 SCAs happen at home. You could save the life of someone you love.
This CPR training event is not for certification.