OPTIC presents BIG DATA: Information Security – Social Engineering
Date(s) - 8 Nov 2019
8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Full Sail University, Building 3
Vast troves of data about you & your business are available online. Social Media and other information sources make information about you, like how you work and what you do, available to scammers all over the world. Join Full Sail Course Director Ean Meyer to learn how scammers and hackers compile this information and use it to attack businesses.
During this informative and interactive session audience members will:
- Learn about Social Engineering and Open Source Intelligence – These two practices are used by attackers to care out cyber crimes and by defenders who try and identify weaknesses to at organizations to improve security.
- Learn about DEF CON and the Social Engineering Capture the Flag Tournament. This is the preeminent competition where defenders practice social engineering and Open Source Intelligence Techniques at the largest hacker conference in the world.
- Participate in a live big data Open Source Intelligence exercise where you will witness techniques used by scammers to con small businesses.
- Participate in a live exercise where the audience will hear real scammers leaving voicemails and we will pick apart the techniques used to try and scam the recipient.
- See actual scam emails and learn how to review them as a potential scam.
OPTIC, Orlando’s Professional Technology Innovation Collaborative, “Big Data: Information Security – Social Engineering” Friday, November 8, 2019 from 8:00 AM – 12:30 PM, presented by the East Orlando Chamber of Commerce and hosted by Full Sail University.
Register online to reserve your seat. Tickets include lunch provided by Sushi Eatstation
OPTIC (Orlando’s Professional Technology & Innovation Collaborative)
The mission of OPTIC is to Connect Solution Seekers with Problem Solvers in an environment without sales pitches from ancillary service providers. We strive to lead, educate and collaborate with OPTIC attendees and partners to develop and promote the Central Florida region as a robust and supportive environment that is fast-tracking the innovation process.