RU Recovery Program
Date(s) - 15 Mar 2019
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Starlight Baptist Church
RU is a faith based, Christ-centered addictions recovery program designed to rescue, recover, and restore those with addictive behaviors through the power of the hidden life found only in Jesus Christ. RU is an addiction recovery class which has helped the addicted experience a life of victory. This victory is obtained and retained, not through an experience of ongoing effort, but through a once-in-a-lifetime decision to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and a subsequent dedication to developing a dynamic love relationship with Him.
The RU program has a proven curriculum and weekly support meetings at Starlight EVERY Friday night at 7 pm. RU is designed to assist people in their recovery from any and all addictive behaviors, sticky habits and besetting sins.
If you or someone you know is struggling with an addiction, it is time to take action. Addiction crosses all societal boundaries, affects both genders, every ethnic group, and people in every tax bracket. Addiction is not about how much a person uses, but what their addiction is doing to their health, emotions, relationships and finances. So whether a person uses daily or once a week is irrelevant. It is commonly believed that an addict has to “hit bottom” before help can be offered and accepted. “Bottom” is where and when you decide to start a new life. Change can begin now. RU offers several resources to friends and families of addicts for support, encouragement and to learn how to help them.
Am I an Addict?
12 Indications of an Addiction:
1. Do you love a certain destructive habit?
2. Do you think about this habit obsessively?
3. Do you feel the need to hide this habit?
4. Do you run to this habit to cope with stress or problems?
5. Do you find it hard to imagine your life without it?
6. Do you plan your life around this habit?
7. Have you ever tried to quit this habit and failed?
8. Are you wasting precious time or money on this habit?
9. Have friends or relatives complained about this habit?
10. Does this habit isolate you from meaningful relationships?
11. Has this habit stopped being fun?
12. Do you have a desire to break free from the control of this habit?
If you answered yes to any of these questions you may be dealing with a stubborn habit or addiction. The good news is that there is hope. The RU Recovery Program can help you. Join here at Starlight Baptist’s Local RU Chapter.
Meets Every Friday Night @ 7pm!
For More Information:
Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone # 352-324-2595