Spanish Day Camp “Piratas y Princesas”
Date(s) - 15 Mar 2019
8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Join these fun day camps during school teacher work days.
A Spanish immersion blast. Children will enjoy their day interacting and doing hands-on activities, arts & crafts, special projects, science experiments, music & movement, All in Spanish but no Spanish required. If your child doesn’t speak Spanish, it will be a great way to get started!!
Day camps will be offered on the dates that the Orange County School System is closed for teacher work days.
Each day camp has a special theme:
March 15th 2019 – Pirates & Princesses – Piratas y Princesas.
Note – Please send two snacks and lunch.
Una opción divertida para los días en que no hay escuela, de acuerdo al calendario de las escuelas del condado de Orange. Los niños realizarán muchas actividades interactivas con temas diferentes en cada fecha. Proyectos de ciencia, manualidades, música y movimiento y mucho más.
Here is a description of the regular 32 week program:
Programs are aimed at facilitating language development in children toward levels of bilingual and bicultural mastery in Spanish. They are grounded on a natural and constructivist methodology, reinforced by a cultural-based didactic method. Children will be speaking, reading & writing the language through hands on activities, online activities and scenario based challenges.
- Emphasis is given to providing opportunities for children to speak and communicate in the target language (Spanish).
- The program is designed and presented in a way where many hands-on and fun activities are included.
- The goal is for children to eagerly await coming to Spanish class!
There are 6 different levels of instruction. Once children are registered, an assessment is made to make sure they are placed in the right level according to their Spanish skill and age.
- It is a year round program. Each level has a length of 32 weeks.
- Class schedules work with the school calendar and have divided the 32 weeks into 2 semesters of 16 weeks each
- During the summer break, the regular 32 week program is paused and summer programs are offered in its place.
Teachers are native Spanish speakers, hold degrees in the educational field, have wide experience working with children, are trained in the correct methodology and have been background checked.