- A countywide curfew will be in effect tonight, beginning at 12:00 a.m. (midnight tonight) until 5:00 a.m. September 12, 2017. Please share!
- Duke Energy outages by area at 6:50pm
- Pinellas: 411,193
- Hernando/Citrus: 40,300
- Polk: 66,469
- Hillsborough/Pasco: 84,445
- POLK CO SCHOOLS Important Message: Due to widespread power outages and school sites that are serving as shelters, Polk County public schools will remain closed until Monday, Sept. 18. Friday, Sept. 15, is tentatively planned to be treated as a teacher workday. This means district staff, teachers and anyone else who normally works on teacher work days should report to work. Students and paras will return on Monday, Sept. 18. However, we are still assessing damage and there are still widespread power outages across the county. A follow-up communication will be sent on Thursday. As of now, we plan on treating Friday, Sept. 15, as a teacher work day and welcoming our students back to class on Monday, Sept. 18. Buses are expected to also resume operations on Monday, Sept. 18. Please check your school’s website to see if there have been any changes to sports schedules or other activities. Please be advised that this decision to resume operations is not binding upon charter and private schools. Those schools should be contacted directly for more information. Thank you for your patience as we recover from the storm.
- Due to the potential impact of Hurricane Irma, Polk State College officials have extended the closure of the College and the collegiate high schools through Tuesday, Sept. 12.
College officials will make a decision on Tuesday, Sept. 12, as to whether the campus will reopen on Wednesday, Sept. 13.
- Florida Poly’s campus will remain closed until at least Tuesday, Sept. 12.
City of Auburndale @Auburndalegov
- Sanitation Schedule Change for next week: Mon. (9/11) pickup will take place Tue. (9/12) Tue. (9/12) pickup will take place on Wed. (9/13)
City of Lake Wales @CityofLakeWales
- Debris can be piled up on the side of the road but won’t be collected til Monday.
- Per @DukeEnergy expect power to be out for a week.
- City Hall will be closed tomorrow. Public Schools are closed for the rest of the week.
- Many traffic lights are out. Please treat them as four way stop. There are utility lines down everywhere, treat them as if they are all live.
- EOC will downgrade from Level 1 activation to Level 2 which means that phones will be answered but no public services will be sent out next.
- #HurricaneIrma Recovery Update Curfew ends at 1pm and may be re-implemented at 7pm tonight.
- To report an electrical outage or downed line, call @DukeEnergy 800.228.8485. According to the website power could be out for a week.
- HWY 60 is open.. is cleared of the downed line.
- We need people to stay off the roads. we have many down power lines and trees. It is dangerous. Curfew is still in effect. Please stay home.
- All water customers on Cohasset Ave and 8th Street are on a boil water notice due to a downed tree.
- Curfew will be lifted at 1pm & may be reimposed at 7pm. But please don’t go out on the roads if possible as it is dangerous yet.
- Solid Waste are currently not scheduling any regular pickups for Tuesday 9/12 and Wednesday 9/13. Our teams will be assessing regular pickups for Thursday 9/14 and Friday 9/15 and will update as soon as we have more information.
- For NON-EMERGENCY downed trees and lines, call (863) 834-6900. #IrmaLKLD @mylkldelectric @LakelandFD @LakelandPD
- PLEASE NOTE: There are currently NO BOIL WATER NOTICES for City of Lakeland Water Utilities customers.
- LEGOLAND Florida Theme Park and Water Park remain closed Sept. 11 as we assess the storm’s impact. We hope to re-open Thursday, Sept. 14, our next scheduled operating date.
- LEGOLAND Hotel remains open to accept and assist any arriving guests with reservations at LEGOLAND Hotel and LEGOLAND Beach Retreat.