A long time ago, when I first met my husband, I had been on this kick of making my own homemade pizza. This was his favorite. I’m pretty sure it’s what hooked him…we made the joke the other day because it’s been years since I made it that he married me for my pizza, then I stopped making it.
Well, after this week, it’s back on the menu. I hope your family has just as much fun making your own homemade pizza night.
Let’s get cooking together.
• 1 Home Pizza Dough (Click Here for the Recipe)
• Olive Oil
• 3-4 Tbsp Your Favorite BBQ sauce
• 1 Package Shredded Cheese (Taco or Jack Blend)
• 1 Shredded Chicken Breast, Mixed with 2-3 Tbsp Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
• 1/4 Red Onion, Diced
• Optional: Chopped Cilantro
How to Make:
• Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
• Make homemade pizza dough or used pre-made dough from the grocery store. Click Here to find the homemade pizza dough recipe.
• You can buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or make BBQ chicken in your crockpot ahead of time. Click Here for a recipe.
• Sprinkle a little flour on your pizza dough and on the rolling pin. Roll out pizza dough on oven safe pan.
• Using hands form into a round circle and create a small crust wall.
• Drizzle olive oil over top and spread over every piece of dough you can see.
• Spread around 3-4 Tbsp of BBQ sauce over the top.
• Sprinkle on shredded cheese. (I’ve learned the thinner you make your ingredient layers, the better your pizza comes out from the oven.)
• Mix chicken with BBQ sauce, unless you cooked it in BBQ sauce in the crockpot.
• Place a single layer of bbq chicken over the top.
• Sprinkle diced red onion evenly over the top.
• Bake on 500 Degrees (make sure oven is preheated to the temperature, don’t place pizza in early) for 10 – 12 minutes… start checking it at 8 minutes.
• Chop fresh cilantro leaves and sprinkle over the top before serving.
• Slice and Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler has loved jumping in the kitchen to make these recipes with her girls. Ellis is excited about the possibilities with this one…for the slice I brought him to try, I had snuck in some chopped grilled jalapeños below the cheese! Gave it a kick with some nice added flavor! We’d love to see your pictures or hear how the recipe turned out for you! Share it all with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com