This is probably one of my favorite recipes. Ellis and Tyler loved it and my husband keeps begging for it! He’d love for me to make it every day this summer!
Who wouldn’t love a roasted potato salad that also includes bacon and bbq sauce…it’s pretty amazing lol!
Summer to me is all about building on other recipes to make less work, so I usually make extra slices of bacon and hold them back from breakfast to make this one. I also roast double the potatoes so I can have roasted potatoes for dinner tonight and then have the potatoes already done to make the potato salad for tomorrow night.
Let’s jump in the kitchen together…
- 8-10 Red Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Juice from a Jar of Pickled Jalapeños or Pickles (if you don’t like the spice)
- 6 Slices Cooked and Crumbled Bacon (Find Out How to Make Bacon in the Oven Here)
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1/4 Cup Diced Red Onion
- Chopped Cilantro to Garnish over the Top
- Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean and chop up your red potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Drizzle on olive oil, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Lay out your potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes until tender. Half way through cooking, use a spatula to flip your potatoes over so they cook more evenly.
- While roasting, combine your mayonnaise and BBQ sauce and a splash of pickled jalapeño (or pickle) juice in a bowl and mix together.
- Clean and chop your celery, red onion and cilantro.
- When the potatoes are done, combine all the ingredients together in a giant mixing bowl. Add the potatoes, celery, onion, cilantro and crumbled bacon to the bowl.
- Then add your bbq/mayo mixture.
- Combine all the ingredients and serve at room temperature or place in fridge to let chill.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler would love to see your family enjoying this BBQ Potato Salad together! Ellis would especially like you to bring him a bowl. 🙂 Share your pictures on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com