Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day, but we seem to always be running and never really give it the proper attention it deserves! This week I’m going to challenge all of us to put away the boxes of cereal, forget the drive-thrus, and let’s get in the kitchen and create something together!
This week’s Quick Family Recipe was inspired by my momma who always surprises me with the best meals when we visit. This is a take on her breakfast casserole! Use your leftover ham from dinner the night before or go ahead and make an extra package of sausage links whenever you cook breakfast. It makes this recipe that much easier!
You’ll definitely wow everyone when they sit down at the table and see this dish. It definitely impressed my own husband when he saw it and he is now a huge fan! This recipe is so easy your kids can make it for you! 🙂
Let’s get cooking together!
- 1 Can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits
- 7 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder (or salt)
- 4 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Bag Shredded Cheese (2 Cups)
- Meat – Ham, Bacon or Sausage, Cooked
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If your meat isn’t already cooked, get it started while you work on the next step.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and garlic power.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Add the biscuit pieces to your eggs to soak.
- Spray Pam your deep pie dish or square Pyrex dish.
- Cut up cooked meat and layer across bottom of dish.
- Pour package of shredded cheese over top of your meat.
- Scatter chopped green onions evenly over top of cheese layer.
- Take a spoon and evenly distribute your biscuit pieces over top of your dish. Pour remainder egg mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until top is golden brown and there is no liquid moving around your pie dish. You can also stick a toothpick down the middle and make sure it comes out clean.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler would love to see your family in the kitchen making and enjoying this dish together! Share your pictures on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com