This week’s Quick Family Recipe takes about 2 minutes to put together, about 10 minutes under the broiler and dinner is served!
I’ve been trying to eat healthier this year and it’s going well except it’s always so expensive to eat out. That’s why I’ve been trying to incorporate more salmon into our diet at home. My husband usually grills it perfectly, but one night recently we had our typical Florida thunderstorms and couldn’t grill out. I decided to try broiling it instead and oh my goodness was it perfect! It’s now a favorite for me to make on nights where we don’t really have a lot of time, but still want a good meal!
My favorite part is the ginger dressing because it chars up under the broiler and creates almost like a crust on top. I’m already looking forward to this dish a couple of nights this week.
Let’s get cooking together…
- 1 Salmon Filet Per Person (5ish Oz Each)
- 1 Bottle of Ginger Salad Dressing (or Your Favorite House Seasoning)
- Set oven to broil.
- Add tinfoil to a metal baking sheet.
- Place salmon on baking sheet skin side down.
- Generously cover each piece of salmon with ginger dressing. If you don’t like ginger dressing, you can generously sprinkle your favorite house seasoning over the top and continue following the instructions below.
- Place under the broiler for 8 minutes for medium or 10 minutes for a more cooked piece of fish. The ginger dressing will create a little bit of a charred crust under the broiler.
- Use a spatula to remove from pan. It will come right off even though the dressing is charred around it on the tinfoil.
- Remove skin, it will peel right off (I usually take a steak knife to a corner and the whole thing peels right off).
- Serve right away with a salad or your favorite side dishes.
- Enjoy! 🙂
With Ellis being low carb, this was another perfect 2 ingredient dish to help us stay on track. Tyler loves how healthy it is for anyone trying to be better about what they eat. Salmon is great for your diet! We’d love to see your pictures of your family enjoying our Quick Family Recipes. Share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com