Welcome back Summer, we’ve missed you! Actually, we’ve really missed summer vacation…not so much the humidity and high temperatures. 😉 But, summertime in Florida means making some pretty cool dishes…literally. To kick off Ellis and Tyler’s BEST SUMMER EVER, I thought I’d bring a healthy, sweet treat to the table this week.
Popsicles are so easy to make and super healthy. So much better than those freezer pops that have all the dyes, all the preservatives and all the sugar in them! Plus, I found super cute popsicle molds at TJ Maxx, so how could I resist? 🙂 You can also use an ice cube tray and put in popsicle sticks when they’ve had a chance to set up in the freezer a little bit. Leave out the sticks, and these make fun ice cubes to cool you down this summer, too.
I made two types of popsicles this time…chunks of fresh honeydew that I had in my fridge and frozen strawberries for the other half…I bought the strawberries earlier in the spring when they were on sale, and stuck them in the freezer after cleaning them up. I knew a day would come where those strawberries would be put to good use!
Let’s get blending…:)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 3-4 Cups of Your Favorite Fresh Fruit (I cut the recipe in half and made half honeydew and half strawberry popsicles)
- 2-4 Tbsp of Honey (I only needed the 2 tbsp for a full batch of the honeydew, but definitely needed more for the tart strawberries)
How to Make:
- Place your coconut milk, fruit and honey in blender and turn on the blender till smooth (you can also use a food processor if you don’t have a blender).
- Pour your smoothie like mixture into your popsicle molds.
- Place your popsicles in the freezer and let freeze for at least 6 hours…Trust me, I tried to open one earlier and the entire stick came out. Thankfully I placed it back in the freezer and it worked perfectly. 😉
- Run your popsicle mold under hot water to help the popsicle release from the mold in one piece.
- Enjoy a little piece of Summer happiness! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler would love for you to share your popsicles with them…well, at least pictures of them! Head on over to the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page to share your pictures.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com