I’m praying your family is enjoying this extra, unexpected time together. If you’re looking for fun ways to get the kids involved in the kitchen during this whole social distancing thing, this week’s Quick Family Recipe is perfect for you.
We’re making Cheeseburger Sliders and the only cooking involved is browning hamburger meat over the stove. Everything else is just putting a giant sandwich together and then the whole thing goes into the oven.
My husband said this is now his favorite thing I’ve ever made, so pretty high reviews for this one!
Let’s jump in the kitchen and get cooking together…
- 1 Pack of 24 King’s Hawaiian Rolls (or 2 – 12 Packs)
- 1 lb Ground Beef, Browned (or Ground Turkey)
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Dill Relish
- 1/2 lb Your Favorite Deli Sliced Cheese (I used American because it was on sale)
- 1 Stick of Butter, Melted
- 1 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 5 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 6 Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together ketchup, mustard and relish.
- Brown hamburger meat in a pan on the stove. Every time I cook ground beef, I brown a few extra pounds and freeze them in one pound containers. For this recipe, I just grabbed a container out of my freezer and was ready to go.
- Combine your ketchup mixture with ground beef.
- Slice both loaves of your Hawaiian Rolls in half, like you are about to make a sandwich.
- Place the bottom 2 halves side by side in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Evenly spread your hamburger mixture over the bottom layer of bread.
- Layer the full 1/2 pound of cheese across the top of the hamburger.
- Replace tops to the sandwiches.
- In a bowl, mix together the stick of melted butter, 1 tbsp of poppy seeds, 1/2 tbsp of onion powder, 1.5 tbsp of Dijon mustard and 6 dashes of Worcestershire sauce (Leave out the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce if you don’t have it).
- When combined, pour mixture over top of sandwiches.
- Place tinfoil over top of dish and let set for a few minutes letting all that buttery goodness seep down and do its thing.
- Bake on 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes covered in foil.
- Bake 3 more minutes without foil to help brown tops of the sandwiches.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a couple of minutes before slicing up.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis is trying to do low carb and so am I, so feel free to switch out the Hawaiian Rolls for low carb bread or low carb tortillas to make a quesadilla instead. I know Tyler’s girls are going to love making this one. If you decide to try it, we’d love to see pictures of your family enjoying this recipe. Share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com