Welcome to summer! For my family, it’s grilling season! My husband can’t have a lot of salt in his diet, so we’ve been looking for ways to add flavor without adding salt! Chimichurri is a great option because it adds flavor without the salt!
It originated in Argentina and is so good served over meat. It’s a great way to dress up a rotisserie chicken or serve over anything grilled! We’ve had it on salmon, shrimp, scallops, steak and chicken and it adds this fresh pop of flavor in a healthy way! We’ve even served it over grilled veggies.
The best part is how easy this Quick Family Recipe is. Throw a few ingredients in your food processor or blender and it’s ready!
Let’s jump in the kitchen together…
- 2 Bunches Fresh Flat Parsley
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 or 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- Optional: 1/2 or 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (May Need More)
How to Make:
- Clean parsley and chop off stems at the end that have no leaves on them. Lay out on paper towel to dry.
- Add parsley to food processor or blender.
- Add in garlic, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add in vinegar and olive oil.
- Turn on food processor and blend till it becomes a sauce. Add up to an extra 1/4 cup of olive oil if herb mixture is too dry.
- Serve over any kind of meat, especially anything grilled. I’ll even make it to add a fresh pop of flavor over a store bought rotisserie chicken.
- Enjoy! 🙂
So I may have accidentally measured my pepper over top of the food processor, which you should never do because if you make a mistake you can’t fix it. Like for me, the pepper lid popped open and dumped a ton of pepper in my Chimichurri, so it was a little on the spicy side lol! Ellis loved it, though! So add more pepper or red pepper depending on if you like spice or not. If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it! Post your pictures and let us know how it turns out for you on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com