If we have to celebrate Valentines Day, I figured we should make something chocolate…I mean, it’s one of the only days of the year where we don’t have to make up an excuse to have chocolate! 🙂 So whether love is in the air, you have a date night with the kids, a night out with the girls or just spending the evening in, this chocolate fondue recipe is sure to bring a smile to your face! I mean it’s chocolate, so how could it not make anyone happy! 🙂
There’s a couple of ways to make this one your own. Mix in your favorite candy bars…whatever you like, just make sure you’ve got 12 ounces of some kind of chocolate.
Let’s jump in the kitchen and start cooking together….
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 12 Ounces of Your Favorite Chocolate (This is where you can get creative…12 ounces of chocolate chips or 6 ounces of chocolate chips and 6 ounces of peanut butter or butterscotch chips or 12 ounces of your favorite chocolate candy bars. The skies the limit.
- 10 Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream or Whipping Cream
Have fun with your dipping options, but here’s a few fun ideas to get you started –
- Raspberries or Blackberries
- Graham Crackers
- Orange Slices
- Whatever you can dream up 🙂
How to Make:
- If you have an electric fondue pot, you’ll be making this dish directly in that. If not, take a small pot and place it over the next size pot. Make sure the bottom pot is half full with water. The top pot is where you’ll add your ingredients. The boiling water below will help heat your pot and make your fondue without curdling the milk! If using a fondue pot, set the heat setting to warm. If you are using your double boiler, leave the heat between low-medium and your water is heated, even simmering before adding your ingredients.
- In whichever pot you choose, add your milk and chocolate. Stir together constantly on warm setting until everything is melted and smooth.
- Add in your marshmallows and keep stirring until melted.
- Slowly pour in your heavy cream continually stirring until you have beautiful chocolate fondue!
- Serve with your favorite dippers and Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler would love to see how you are enjoying your chocolate fondue! Head on over and share your pics on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com