Valentine’s Day is in the air, but it doesn’t matter if you are spending it with your spouse, friends or kids, this week’s Quick Family Recipe is perfect for everyone!
We’re making chocolate cake in a mug with hot chocolate packets! It only takes about two and a half minutes to put everything together and cook…two and half minutes until you are holding a warm ooey gooey chocolate cake in your hands!
What are we waiting for? Let’s get cooking together! 🙂
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Melted
- 1 Packet Hot Chocolate Mix
- 3 Generous Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 Tbsp Water
- 1/8 Cup (or Handful 😉 ) Chocolate Chips
- Optional: 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder (This will help your cake to rise, but not necessary if you don’t have it!)
- Optional Toppings: Whipped cream, ice cream or chocolate syrup.
How to Make:
- Place butter in microwave safe coffee mug and meet butter (usually 20-30 seconds).
- Add hot chocolate packet, flour, vanilla extract, baking powder and water.
- Mix together with fork… it should look like a batter.
- Throw in a handful of chocolate chips over the top.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Top with whatever toppings you’d like and serve warm.
Ellis and Tyler were really impressed with this little cake! So was my husband! You can impress everyone in your family or let your kids make this one for you…whoever you enjoy this with, we’d love to see pictures! You can share them on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com