BREAKING NEWS: I AM DRINKING COFFEE NOW AND I LIKE IT!!!
Ok friends, if you know me at all, you know I don’t like coffee! Well I’ve been experimenting with cold brew at home and now I’m in love with coffee… but only if it’s cold brew!
I cut it with really good creamer instead of water, and I’m just so excited about this! Everything I read said you need to filter it twice to get out all the grounds, and they were right, so you’ll see that in the directions below!
I even figured out an afternoon dessert with it that is so so good. If you’re low carb or non-dairy, there’s a version you can enjoy, too!
This recipe made about 28 oz of cold brew coffee, so it made a nice little batch that will last a few days! The best part is it does all the work for you while you’re sleeping!
Let’s get in the kitchen and start cold brewing together…
For Cold Brew –
• 6-7 Oz Coarse Ground Coffee (Doesn’t Matter What Kind)
• 4 Cups Water
To Drink Cold Brew Coffee:
• 4 Oz Cold Brew Coffee
• 2-4 Oz Favorite Creamer
• 4 Oz Cold Brew Coffee
• 2-3 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
How to Make:
For a printable version of the recipe, Click Here.
• In a French Press, glass pitcher or large mason jar, dump in 6-7 Oz coarse ground coffee.
• Pour in 4 cups of room temperature water.
• Use a long spoon to stir grounds and water together to combine.
• Leave covered over night for at least 10-12 hours.
If made in French Press-
• Push down French press after 10-12 hours.
• Pour strained coffee through another filter into a glass pitcher. Make sure to use a paper filter or a very fine mesh filter, because you want to make sure to remove all the sludge!
If made in glass pitcher or mason jar-
• Pour through a filter into a container. Make sure to use a paper filter or a very fine mesh filter, because you want to make sure to remove all the sludge!
• Rinse out original jar and then place filter on top.
• Pour through the filter a second time to make sure you’ve removed all the grounds.
Now you have cold brew coffee! So here are a few ideas on how to enjoy it!
Drinking Cold Brew-
Drink it as is over ice, some people cut it with equal pets water. Instead of water, I preferred to cut it with creamer.
• 4 oz cold brew coffee
• Pour in 1-2 oz of creamer if you like a strong coffee flavor OR pour in 3-4 oz creamer if you like a sweeter, creamier flavor.
• Pour over ice and Enjoy! 🙂
I had a cold brew version of this Italian coffee dessert and loved it! So I decided to make a low carb version serving it over vanilla low carb Halo Top instead of regular ice cream. I also made it with cold brew coffee and next time will make it with cold brew espresso beans, but this is traditionally served with a shot of hot espresso over the top to make it a true Italian Affogato. I love this cold version…perfect summer treat!
• 4 oz cold brew coffee poured over 2-3 scoops of your favorite vanilla ice cream.
• Serve with a straw and Enjoy! 🙂
No more running to the coffee shop…this was so much better, cheaper and a lot of fun to make! Hoping you have fun making this recipe with your family this summer! If you do, let us know and share your pictures with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com