I’m always looking for quick recipes to make on a weeknight. I love my crockpot…can we just stop for a minute and appreciate the crockpot? 🙂 It does all the heavy lifting for you while you are at work and you come home to a fantastic meal that is ready to eat. I love prepping all my stuff the night before after we’re done with dinner (so I’m not hangry 😉 ). That way I can get up in the morning, dump everything in the crockpot and GO!
This one can be low carb if you don’t use the flour and choose heavy cream instead of the half and half. You can make it taste even better if you add butter, but then again, everything is better with butter lol! 🙂 Serve this one with a fun salad and some crusty bread and you’ve got yourself a fantastic dinner with the family in no time!
Let’s get cooking…
- 4 Cups Chopped Broccoli Florets
- 1 Cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Box of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Sliced or Minced
- 1 Cup Half and Half (or Heavy Cream)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 8oz Block of Cheese, Shredded
- Optional: 3 Tbsp of Flour (to help thicken the soup)
How to Make:
- In your crockpot, add your carrots, chopped broccoli and diced onion.
- Add in your cream cheese.
- Add your oregano, nutmeg and garlic.
- Pour in box of chicken stock and mix everything together.
- Set on low and allow to cook for 4-6 hours (you can leave on up to 8).
- Pour in half and half along with your salt and pepper and mix together (this is where you’d also add in the flour if you wanted a thicker soup). Place the lid back on and allow to cook on low for 10 more minutes.
- Mix in your shredded cheese and keep stirring until melted.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler loves her crockpot recipes and would love to see your family making this one together! Share your pictures of your family dinners on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com