Hey Z Friends, these Quick Family Recipes keep getting easier and easier! This one is literally four ingredients. Just dump it all in the crockpot and go! Best weeknight dinner award has to go to this one because you throw everything into the crock pot in the morning before you go to work. When you get home, dinner is ready and the only dishes are the ones you used to eat. Unless you used paper plates like a boss, then the only thing you have to clean is the crockpot itself! 🙂 You’ll also have left overs to make quick lunches for the rest of the week. Your kids will love helping also, because they can say they made dinner from scratch and all they had to do was dump everything into the crockpot for you!
I love this recipe because it tastes like buffalo wings without all the mess and hassle. I’ll admit, I’m also a little picky and hate eating meat off the bone, so this is a fantastic way to enjoy the flavor without getting my hands messy and having to eat around the bone! 🙂 If you are worried about spice…don’t! The ranch packet helps cool it down, and just like peppers lose their kick when they are roasted, the chicken does the same thing.
This ridiculously easy recipe makes about 8 cups, so lots of portions. It’s fantastic served on your favorite bread from the bakery or over a salad for all my low carb friends! 🙂 It’s really fun to add cole slaw as a side or if you are a true Southern, you go ahead and add it to your sandwich, too! Grab a bag of chips and your meal is ready to go!
- 3 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (I buy it when it’s on sale and freeze it, then throw it in the crockpot frozen!)
- 1 Bottle (12-16 oz) of your favorite Buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Dry Ranch Packet
- A pack of your favorite rolls (from the Publix bakery of course! 😉 )
- Optional sides like cole slaw and chips
Here’s How to Make It:
- Dump all the ingredients into the crockpot.
- Turn crockpot on low and cook all day (6-8 hours).
- When you get home, take two forks to shred the meat.
- Serve on a bun with whatever sides you want.
I told you that was easy! 😉 Now, more time to spend with the family tonight!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com.