This week’s recipe is truly a Quick Family Recipe! My momma used to make this when our world seemed chaotic. It’s a calm, comforting meal that truly takes no time at all to throw together.
She’d scrub potatoes, cut them into bite size pieces, grab her favorite seasoning with some olive oil and throw it into the crockpot with frozen chicken breast and go! That’s this week’s meal…dinner will be ready as soon as you walk through the door!
Let’s get cooking together!
- Red Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Favorite Seasoning Blend (I used Greek, but Italian or anything like it works just as well)
- 2-3 Frozen Chicken Breasts
How to Make:
- Scrub your potatoes then cut them into bite size pieces.
- Place in an airtight bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Generously sprinkle on seasoning blend.
- Place lid on bowl and shake.
- Dump into crockpot.
- Add chicken on top. Drizzle olive oil and generously sprinkle seasoning over both sides of the chicken.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Six hours may be pushing it with this recipe and may dry out your chicken too much. If you have to leave it all day, try putting the potatoes on top of the chicken and adding a bit of chicken stock to the bottom of your crockpot. That way your chicken can stay moist in a cooking liquid.
- Remove chicken and strain potatoes. Serve on a platter and Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler loved this healthy Quick Family Recipe…she always loves crockpot recipes! Share your pics of your family making and enjoying our Quick Family Recipes on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page! We’d love to see them!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com