This week’s Quick Family Recipe is easier than calling out for Uber Eats. All you do is throw meat and veggies into the crockpot and pour over a quick homemade sauce and you are done! Dinner is ready when you walk through the door at the end of the day.
I make this dish even easier to make by buying pre-washed and cut veggies like carrots and broccoli!
This one is so easy to make and it’s already one of my husband’s favorites! I think your family will love it, too!
Let’s get cooking together…
- Veggies: 1 Bag of Carrots, 1 Green Pepper and/or 1 Bag of Broccoli.
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 4-6 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped or Minced
- Optional Toppings: Crushed Peanuts and Sesame Seeds
- In a crockpot, dump all the veggies on the bottom. I threw in pre-washed carrots and sliced up a green pepper, but add whatever you want. Next time I’ll also add broccoli!
- Then add 3-4 chicken breasts over the top.
- In a bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and minced garlic. Use a fork to whisk together. It becomes thick like a glaze!
- Pour sauce over chicken and veggies.
- Place lid on top of crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- About halfway through I switched the chicken to the bottom, so it could cook in the sauce and soak up more of the flavor. You can avoid this step by just placing the chicken on the bottom of the crockpot from the beginning.
- Shred with 2 forks just before serving.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped peanuts over the top at the end.
- Serve hot and Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler loves her crockpot recipes. Ellis also loved that this had a little bit of a kick from the red pepper flakes. He’s gonna add more, but you can leave it out if you don’t like any spice! As always, we’d love to hear how your family is enjoying these recipes. Share your stories and pictures with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com