This has been a busy week! We had family in the hospital and just running around like crazy people. While fast food is easy, a home cooked meal can always bring the stress level down!
Sometimes I pretend I’m on the show Chopped and challenge myself just to come up with something from only the things I have in my empty fridge and freezer. This game usually happens when I also don’t have time to go grocery shopping. 🙂 So, I found myself in experimental mode with my fridge, and this one turned out to be a huge winner!
I’m calling it loaded chicken, because it’s everything I love about a loaded potato, but this one helps me to stay low carb, unless you put it on bread…that doesn’t help anyone (even though it’s oh so good)! 🙂
Let’s get cooking together…
- 1 Lb Frozen Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Ranch Packet
- 1 8 Oz Container Garlic Herb Cream Cheese
- Cooked Bacon, Crumbled
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
How to Make:
- Place chicken in crockpot and empty the ranch packet over it. Also add the entire container of garlic herb cream cheese into your crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Shred with two forks and stir into the cream sauce that was created with the ranch packet and cream cheese.
- Crumble cooked bacon over the top and add 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese into the crockpot.
- Stir to combine everything together and melt the cheese!
- Serve as a sandwich if you aren’t low carb. Serve with cucumbers and carrots or on top of a salad if you are low carb! Serve it warm or cold, it’s perfect either way! If you serve it cold, it’s like loaded chicken salad!
- Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis, Tracy (filling in for Tyler while she’s on vacation) and Producer Sierra were all very impressed with this recipe. It’s a super good one and it is now my new favorite recipe! 🙂 We’d love to see your pics of your family enjoying these recipes! Share them with us on our Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com