This.recipe. OH MY GOODNESS! LOL 🙂 It’s recipes like this that make me wonder why we ever eat out in the first place. These were unbelievable. The best part is that sauce is so thick and tasty…and then there’s the meatballs….they are perfect. YES, this is a crockpot recipe which makes Tyler pretty happy.
This is a perfect weeknight meal or a Sunday after church kind of meal. They are perfect for Game Day or Game Night and you can enjoy these so many different ways…by themselves are perfect, but they are even better on top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese! 🙂 Seriously though, zucchini noodles are amazing with them and then my husband’s all time favorite is the meatball sub!
A few things I learned putting this one together…the sauce is so thick and holds up to the grease of the meat because I added the entire 12 oz can of tomato paste. What was unbelievable to me was cooking raw hamburger in the crockpot and them coming out perfectly amazing. The other thing is, don’t feel like you’ve gotta buy all these herbs. Use what you have in your kitchen. If you don’t have all these flavors individually, add the same amount of all combined of Italian seasoning from those shakers.
I can’t talk about this recipe enough…just looking at the pictures makes me wanna jump in the kitchen and make another batch now! Let’s get started making this one together… 🙂
To Make Sauce –
- 2 28 Ounce Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 12 Ounce Can of Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp of Each: Dried Parsley, Dried Oregano and Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp of Each: Salt and Pepper
- 2 Cloves of Diced Garlic
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
To Make Meatballs –
- 2 Lbs of Ground Chuck
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
How to Make:
- In your crockpot, combine 2 cans of crushed tomatoes and 1 can of tomato paste.
- Add 1 Tbsp of each:
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Add 1/2 Tbsp of each:
- Add 2 cloves of diced garlic.
- Add a stem of fresh basil.
- Mix together in crockpot with a spoon and drizzle olive oil over top.
- Place lid on top, turn crockpot on high and cook for 1 hour.
- While waiting, add 2 lbs of beef, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of bread crumbs to a bowl. Mix together with a spoon or your clean hands.
- Section off and form into meat balls. Make sure they are all close to the same size.
- When your sauce has cooked for an hour, add your meatballs to the crockpot.
- Make sure to cover them with the sauce.
- Let your meatballs cook in the sauce for another hour.
- Remove stem of basil and enjoy your meatballs just he way they are, or you can make a sandwich or serve them over pasta.
- Enjoy! 🙂
We’d love to see your family making this recipe together. You can share your pics with Ellis and Tyler on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com