‘Tis the Season of busy. It feels like so much is happening in December trying to get ready for the holidays. I’m hoping this week’s Quick Family Recipe helps you enjoy a night together around the dinner table with your family this Christmas season! We’re making orange cranberry chicken. It’s a crockpot recipe, so you can definitely throw it all together in the morning, set the crockpot on low and then come home to dinner at the end of the workday. That’s my favorite kind of recipe…the one that’s ready when the day is over.
This recipe also makes your house smell like the season…with the orange cranberry sauce it makes. Super simple, just serve with rice… I make my rice in the microwave, and enjoy a night together with my husband.
Let’s get cooking in the crockpot together…
- 5-6 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1-2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Can of Whole Cranberry Sauce (I found Publix makes and sells an Orange Cranberry Sauce this time of year in the deli that is perfect for this dish!)
How to Make:
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Sprinkle the onion soup packet evenly over chicken.
- Pour 1/2 cup of orange juice evenly over chicken.
- Pour honey evenly over chicken.
- Dump cranberry sauce evenly over the top.
- Place lid on top and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve hot over rice.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler loves a good crockpot recipe! We’re hoping your family loves this one, too. We’d love to see pictures of your family enjoying this recipe. You can share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com