With Christmas just around the corner, it’s super easy to eat out and grab quick food on the go, but it’s soup season! And this week’s recipe is so super easy…it’s all cooked together in one crockpot. We’re making loaded potato soup and then topping it with all of your favorite baked potato toppings, like cheese, bacon and sour cream!
Ellis and Tyler loved this one..I actually impressed myself with this one! Ellis even said he was going to make it tonight. Serve it with fresh bread and a salad and you’ve got yourself one amazing little meal. Since it’s all in the crockpot, you can let your kids make this one for you! I like to prep this one the night before, after we eat dinner, so I’m not hangry! 😉 That way it’s just dump in the crockpot and go before work in the morning. I can’t wait for your to try this one.
Let’s get cooking together…
- 4 – 6 Large Russet Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed
- 1 Large Diced Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Box of Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 4 Tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Package Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Crumbled Bacon, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream and Green Onions or Chives
How to Make:
- In a crockpot, you are going to add your large russet potatoes – peeled and cubed, diced onion and 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Add an entire box of chicken stock.
- Next add 1 tablespoon of each – Salt, Pepper and Parsley.
- Add 4 slices of butter over the top.
- Mix together to combine and set on low to cook for 6-8 hours or high to cook in 4 hours.
- Potatoes will be tender, and I use a masher to break up the potatoes into smaller bites. I like my potato soup chunky, so I don’t mash it up to much!
- Right before serving, add an entire bag of shredded cheese, 1 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of sour cream. Mix together.
- Your soup is ready at this point. I place the lid back on for about 5 minutes and move the dial to warm to let everything cook together.
- Serve with your favorite baked potato toppings and Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler was so impressed with this recipe! Ellis was going home to make it today! 🙂 We’d love to see your family enjoying soup night together. Share your pictures on Ellis and Tyler’s Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com