With school starting soon, I thought this would be a fun make ahead recipe to share. It’s so easy to make and oh my, is it amazing! Once cooked, store each one in foil. Just pop them in the toaster oven or oven to warm back up again before you need to eat.
You can use whatever meat, cheese and veggies you want…think of it as an omelette baked in a croissant. It’s actually more like a quiche, but with a croissant crust instead of having to make a homemade crust.
The egg soaks into the flaky layers of the croissant and I can promise you, you’ve never had anything like it. It’s really that good, and now, it’s one of our favorite recipes!
Let’s get cooking together…
• 6 Large Bakery Croissants
• 1/4 lb Sliced Deli Meat (Like Ham)
• 1/2 Cup Diced Veggies (Like Spinach or Green Pepper and Onions)
• 8-10 Eggs
• Salt and Pepper
• Your Favorite Shredded Cheese
How to Make:
For a printable version of this recipe, Click Here.
• Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
• Cut the top out of each croissant, creating a little well in the top of each one.
• Place meat in each well of the croissant. Make sure your meat is cooked before adding it. If you use crumbled bacon, it has to be cooked already.
• Next add a layer of veggies over the meat in each croissant.
• In a bowl, crack all the eggs and whisk together. Add salt and pepper and whisk one last time for your scrambled egg mixture.
• Pour mixture over each well.
• Sprinkle your favorite cheese over the top.
• Place pan in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. I started checking at 20 and kept a close eye on it. The eggs were perfectly cooked at 25 minutes for ours.
• Serve hot and Enjoy! 🙂
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you. Let us know and share your pictures on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com