Welcome to another week of social distancing! This week’s recipe is super easy to make and you shouldn’t have too hard of a time finding the ingredients for this one!
We’re making enchilada bake and my husband loves it! He said it’s a new favorite.
This is basically Mexican lasagna. I have to admit though, I love this one out of the oven. If you’re gonna reheat it, do it in the oven not the microwave.
You can also make a low carb version, just sub in low carb tortillas.
Let’s get cooking together…
Ingredients (for every two layers):
- 12 Tortillas (Corn or Flour)
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Taco Packet
- 1/2 Cup of Your Favorite Salsa
- 1 – 10 Oz Can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 Bags of Shredded Cheese
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Brown your ground hamburger meat in a skillet with diced onion.
- Add taco packet and water according to directions on back of packet.
- Add 1/2 cup of salsa and mix together.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, place a couple of spoonfuls of enchilada sauce and spread around bottom of pan…be generous, as this will help your finished dish not to stick when you try to serve.
- Layer tortillas, 1/2 of meat and half can of enchilada sauce and smooth around with a spatula to make sure all corners are covered and everything is evenly distributed. Make sure all tortilla edges are covered by sauce, or they can get a little to crispy.
- Sprinkle one bag of cheese over the top.
- Repeat layering from last two steps for as many layers as you want to make (The ingredient list above is for every two layers).
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until all the edges start getting bubbly. You’ll see the sauce getting darker and thicker, too!
- Serve hot right away and Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler was so excited about this dish that she grabbed all the ingredients from the grocery store and made it for her family. She only found huge tortillas, so she only needed 3 for each layer and she could only find green (verde) enchilada sauce. That’s the best part about this recipe, you can’t mess it up! It all works! Hers turned out perfectly! We’d love to see your family enjoying this recipe, too! Share your pictures with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com