Hot summer nights become dip nights for my family. Cool, creamy guacamole is a favorite of ours, but it has a little bit of history in my family.
They always say the way to a man’s heart was through his stomach. When we were dating, I cooked for my Andrew all the time. One of my favorites was making homemade salsa and this fresh guac.
One night he had to make something for work, so I taught him how to make this Quick Family Recipe. It was the hit of his office pot-luck. From then on, everyone kept requesting him to make it. He became famous for it.
Conveniently, he has now forgotten the little people who taught him and now just refers to it as his famous guac. Since he’s not here to defend himself, today I’ll be sharing my famous guac recipe…that I taught my husband. He says, its radio, it’s ok to make up stories… and the fight continues. 😉
Let’s get started with my recipe! 😉
- 3 Avocados Peeled and Halved
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 – 3/4 of Bunch of Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Jalapeño (No Seeds) Diced
- 1/2 Red Onion Diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make:
- In a mixing bowl, add all of your 1/2 avocados.
- Add in your diced tomatoes, diced jalapeño, chopped cilantro and diced red onion.
- Add the juice of 1 whole lime.
- Take a masher or flat edged wooden spatula or spoon and start chopping avocado mixture.
- As avocados start to become creamy and chunky, continue mixing until all ingredients are combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with chips and enjoy! 🙂
We’d love to see your pictures of your family making guacamole together. Head on over to Ellis and Tyler’s Facebook page and share your pictures!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com