Summertime is coming to an end and it’s time to get back in the swing of the fall, back to school rush! This Quick, Family recipe should help you make the transition more easily! 🙂
I like to make this dish after dinner one night. A lot of my recipes are like this. That way no one is hangry while we are prepping dinner and then it’s ready to go straight in the oven the next night when I get home!
Your kids will love putting their own meals together. Write their name on the tinfoil so they get the meal they made. The best part is clean up is a breeze…Just throw away the tinfoil!
Let’s get cooking…
- Makes 4 packs (Double to make 8)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
- 4 Carrots
- 4 Potatoes (less if they are large)
- Steak Seasoning or Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 Can Mushroom Gravy
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine onion soup mix and ground beef. Form hamburger patties once combined.
- Peel and slice your carrots into bite size pieces.
- I scrubbed my potatoes and then ran them through my food processor to make perfect slices, but you can also dice them.
- In a bowl with air tight lid combine potatoes and carrots. Generously drizzle olive oil and shake on steak seasoning (or salt and pepper) over the top. Place lid on bowl and shake.
- Lay out sheets of tinfoil.
- Place vegetable mixture on bottom.
- Place hamburger patty on top and then scoop 1/4 of can of mushroom soup on top.
- Seal up and place on baking sheet.
- Cook on 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- They came out perfectly cooked and ready to eat!
- Enjoy! 🙂
Share your pictures with your family in the kitchen or around the dinner table with Ellis and Tyler on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page! 🙂
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com