This week’s Quick Family Recipe is another easy one! My momma used to make it for our church potlucks and it was always the hit of the party! It’s fruit salad, but on a whole different level!
Wash and chop up your fruit, but the twist is the vanilla pudding mix! It brings everything together and gives you a dish everyone in your friends will rave about!
Get the kids involved and let them help you make it! You can also take it up a level and make a layered trifle out of this…in a trifle dish, add a layer of the fruit salad, a layer of diced angel food cake. Keep layering till you fill the bowl. Top with cool whip and enjoy!
Let’s get chopping together… 🙂
- 3 Bananas
- 1 Pineapple
- 1.5 Cups of Grapes
- 1 Small Package of Blueberries
- 1 Package of Strawberries
- 1 Box Fat Free/ Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Water
How to Make:
- Wash all of your fruit.
- In a large mixing bowl, dice up fruit into small, bite size pieces.
- Dump powder pudding mix over top and mix together with fruit.
- Add 1/4 – 1/2 Cup of water and keep mixing together until powder is more of a gel.
- Place in fridge for as long as possible to allow all the flavors to work together and to allow pudding to set up.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler were shocked that it tasted so good! It’s just fruit in a bowl, right? The vanilla pudding mix changes everything! 🙂 We’d love to see pics of your family enjoying this recipe. You can share them on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com