This week’s Quick Family Recipe is for our mommas sending kids back to school and just trying to get back into the routine of the school year. This will help you keep your sanity and stay on track with healthy, but a super tasty meal.
My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier lately. So I got on this kick of ordering Greek Salads. We were getting them to go so much and it was seriously breaking the bank, so I figured out how to make them myself at home, and oh man are they good! 🙂
I’m not a fan of premade salads because they get soggy. I share some tips below to make sure your salad won’t get gross! This is the perfect recipe for easy meal prep, but your salads will taste like you’ve made them fresh each time you eat them.
Let’s get cooking together…
- Pre-washed Spring Mix
- Grape Tomatoes
- Red Onions
- Green Pepper
- Kalamata Olives
- Feta Cheese
Crockpot Greek Chicken –
- 1 Lb Frozen Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Greek Dressing
- 2 Tbsp Greek Seasoning
Homemade Greek Dressing –
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Greek Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Stone Ground Mustard
How to Make:
Crockpot Chicken –
- Place chicken in a crockpot. Pour 1/2 cup of salad dressing and 2 Tbsp of Greek seasoning over the top. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Homemade Greek Salad Dressing –
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Greek seasoning and mustard in a bowl. Whisk together with a fork.
Greek Salad –
- Wash all your veggies and slice them up into bite size pieces. I keep them all separated in Pyrex containers to keep everything fresh. What I love about this salad is that I actually make it fresh every time I want one without all the work of cleaning and cutting everything each time. When you make pre-made salads, everything gets mushy. Keeping everything separated, keeps it all crisp. Also, I never add salt. It draws out the moisture in vegetables and again makes everything soggy.
- Put together your salad whenever you are ready to eat one. just grab your containers out of the fridge and throw one together!
- Serve with Greek dressing and Greek chicken over the top.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler loves how healthy and easy this recipe was. She loves meal prep. Ellis liked that it was low carb and easy to make! We’d love to see pictures of your family enjoying these recipes! Share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com