This is one of my most favorite Quick Family Recipes. There’s really no prep the night of and it’s just prepping extra chicken the night before on grill night. We usually plan for lettuce wraps the night after grill night. We’ll make steak or whatever for the night of on the grill, but while we’re grilling, I also grill marinated chicken. It quickly goes in the fridge, so no one tries to eat it the night of grill night (**cough**cough** husband, I’m looking at you! 🙂 ).
The next night I come home, warm up the chicken, set out all the toppings and dinner is on the table in 5 minutes!!! Seriously!
We love to grill out on Sundays, then I get to have a stress free dinner on Monday nights, because Mondays are Mondays and all.
This is such a healthy meal and perfect for our Whole 30, Low Carb, Keto or just plan b
Well, let’s get cooking together!
- 2-4 Chicken Breasts
- Marinade (I usually go for something teriyaki)
- Boston Bibb Lettuce
- Optional Toppings: Matchstick Carrots, Lime Wedges, Salsa, Cheese
How to Make:
- I usually take my raw chicken breasts and butterfly them to slice in half. The thinner your chicken, the easier it is to grill and less chance you have to dry out the edges.
- Place them in a Ziploc bag and add marinade. Shake the bag around to make sure the entire chicken gets marinaded. If you can’t place in fridge to marinade for a few hours, then throw the Ziploc bag in the freezer for 20 minutes or less.
- Throw on the grill or cook in the oven.
- Now, I usually put the chicken away in the fridge to use for tomorrow night’s meal. I don’t waste grill time. I make like 3 or 4 different meals lol.
Lettuce Wraps –
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Wash Bibb lettuce and cut off the end. It creates perfect cups for wraps! That’s why I love using this lettuce.
- Slice limes into wedges.
- Place toppings in bowl to set up a lettuce wrap bar. I buy prewashed matchstick carrots along with store bought salsa…this makes life so much easier when setting up the taco bar. 🙂
- Enjoy! 🙂
This was a favorite for Tyler because it is healthy and super easy to make. Share your pics of your family enjoying our Quick Family Recipes on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com