I am obsessed with this salad! My friend Beth in Atlanta started this craze for me a few years back. While I was visiting, she threw a few wedges of Romaine on the grill and I’ve been intrigued ever since.
Recently, before everything shut down, I found grilled salads at a few of our favorite Disney restaurants as well as a new favorite restaurant in Savannah, Georgia, too!
My favorite one being the Grilled Caesar…toss some shaved Parmesan over the top as soon as you take them off the grill. Serve with sliced tomatoes and croutons along with Caesar dressing, but the thing that makes it is drizzling balsamic glaze over the top, too!
You can use whatever you want to make this salad. The base is the same…grilled Romaine and you top it with whatever you’ve got! At home, I usually throw on shredded carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes and I’ve been loving the ginger dressing I used a few months back to make broiled salmon. I also love adding bacon and serving with blue cheese. My husband loves his ranch! Add grilled salmon, chicken or shrimp to take this recipe from a side to an entree.
Let’s get grilling together…
• 3 Pack Romaine Lettuce
• Olive Oil
• Salt and Pepper
• Your Favorite Salad Toppings
• Your Favorite Salad Dressing
How to Make:
For a printable version of this recipe, Click Here!
• Wash Romaine lettuce and let dry.
• Cut each one in half leaving core intact at the bottom. This will keep the leaves together when grilling.
• Brush with olive oil and season generously.
• Grill each side till charred to your liking.
• Serve with whatever toppings and dressing you like. You’ll find a few of our favs in the story at the top of this recipe.
• Enjoy! 🙂
You know Ellis loves to grill, so this gave him a new idea to try next time him and Hope grill out. It’s also healthy, so Tyler loved that! We’d love to hear how it turns out for your family and also see your pictures! Share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com