To all my low carb and gluten free friends, this week’s Quick Family Recipe is for you. We’re making grilled stuffed portobello mushrooms and the sky is the limit on what you can stuff them with. I love bruschetta, so that’s my first choice, but you can stuff them with pizza toppings or whatever you like once they are cooked.
It’s still so hot outside, so I’m still using my grill, but you can also make this recipe in the oven. It’s one of those plan ahead recipes for me. If I know I’m going to be grilling, I get these marinading and then once cooked, I put them in the fridge for tomorrow night’s meal. Makes life easier, you know? 😉
Let’s get grilling together…
- Portobello Mushroom Caps
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 8-10 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Diced Garlic
- 8-10 Leaves of Chopped Basil (No Stems)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Shaved Parmesan for the Top
How to Make:
- Clean your portobello mushrooms by removing stem and gills.
- In a ziplock dish or bag, marinade your mushrooms in balsamic vinegar. I usually let them marinade for at least 30 minutes and not longer than the night before. I prefer a dish, because they are delicate and can fall a part easily if messed with too much.
- Throw them on the open flame and let them cook down. You can also put them in a hot oven and let them cook down.
- Now they are ready for whatever you want to stuff them with! If you’d like to make the bruschetta recipe, you can find it here.
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂
One of Tyler’s favorite dishes is Bruschetta and Ellis is trying to eat low carb, so, this is a win for everyone. 🙂 If you make it with your family, we’d love to see pics. Head over to Ellis and Tyler’s Facebook page to share.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com