Have you ever had one of those days where you don’t feel like leaving the house, but your pantry is empty?! That’s what happened the day I figured out this recipe lol! I was out of everything, including olive oil, but I had 3 giant sweet potatoes sitting in my fridge. I felt like I was on the show Chopped, and I had weird basket ingredients to try to make something out of for dinner.
My husband was going to grill hotdogs (yep, our pantry and freezer were that empty), so I decided to get creative and try something fun with these giant potatoes! Wow, was this a winner, and is definitely one of our new favorite recipes now. We’ve made it so many times in the last few weeks.
So let’s get grilling together!
- Sweet Potatoes
- Vegetable or Olive Oil
- 1/2 Sick of Butter
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
How to Make:
- Take a knife and chop off both ends of the sweet potato. Use the knife to chop off the peel. I find this easier that using a potato peeler, since the skin on sweet potatoes is so thick!
- Cut lengthwise, not in rounds, to create 1/4 to 1/2 inch sweet potato steaks.
- Brush each side of potatoes with olive oil or vegetable oil…this will help it not stick to the grill.
- Throw it on your hot grill and cook until both sides are charred and they are tender.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Mix in your cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice) using a fork to the melted butter.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler is already planning to make this Quick Family Recipe tonight. We’re hoping your family loves making this one just as much! Share your pics on the Z88.3 Mornings Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com