Welcome to summer! For me, it’s a great season to jump in the kitchen and experiment while enjoying being in the ac… especially if you’re in Florida! 🙂
I came across recipes that were all about imitating hashbrown casseroles from our favorite restaurants and after experimenting with a few, I came up with this one! It is soooo good. I’m gonna have to be careful when I make it though because um, yeah, it’s not the healthiest recipe. But your family is gonna love you for making it!
It’s one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made…dump it all in a mixing bowl and combine. Then pour into an oven safe dish and bake for an hour. The hard part is waiting for it to cook…but this dish is definitely worth the wait.
You can even make this the night before and have it ready to put in the oven as soon as you need it. Just to cut down on some of the time.
So let’s get cooking together…
• 2 Bags Shredded Hashbrown Potatoes
• 2 Cans Cream of Chicken*
• 1/2 Stick – 1 Stick Butter, Melted
• 1 Tsp Salt
• 1 Tsp Pepper
• 1/8 Cup of Parsley
• 1/2 Onion, Diced
• 1 Package Shredded Sharp Cheddar
(*Only 1 can pictured, but you’ll need two for this recipe)
How to Make:
For a printable version of this recipe, Click Here!
• Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
• In a large mixing bowl, dump in both bags of hashbrown potatoes.
• Dump in both cans of cream of chicken soup.
• Pour in melted butter. We used a whole stick, but felt like the finished casserole was a little bit on the oily side. Next time I would cut back to half or 3/4 of a stick of melted butter.
• Add in salt, pepper and parsley.
• Toss in diced onion.
• Dump full bag of cheese into the bowl.
• Mix together to combine.
• Transfer to a 9×13 oven safe dish.
• Bake on 350 for 1 hour, starting to check at 40 minutes to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
• Throw it under the broiler to crisp up and brown the top. Keep watching it, so it doesn’t burn.
• Serve with ketchup or hot sauce.
• Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler is excited to try making this version with her girls. She already makes her own hashbrown casserole with corn flakes. We’d love to hear how it turns out for you, also! Let us know and share your pictures on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com