To kick off summer, we thought it would be fun to jump into the kitchen with your family and make homemade pizza dough together!
This recipe is so easy…it only takes about 15 minutes to make, but then you have to let it rise…that feels like it takes forever! 🙂 It makes 2 nice size pizzas, so double it and triple it as much as you want to make a pizza for each member of your family…that way everyone gets to enjoy their own toppings!
I also shared how to make a simple pepperoni pizza at the bottom of this recipe, but the possibilities for toppings are endless! Next week I’m sharing one of our favorites…bbq chicken pizza, so don’t forget to come back for that one!
Let’s get cooking together…
Dough (Makes 2)-
• 2 Teaspoons Yeast
• 1 Cup and 2 Tbsp Hot Water (from sink)
• 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
• 1 Tbsp and 1 Tsp Sugar
• 2 Teaspoons Salt
• 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 Homemade Pizza Dough
• Olive Oil
• Pizza Sauce
• Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
How To Make:
• In a small bowl, add yeast and hot water together. Use a fork to mix and combine.
• Set yeast mixture aside for at least 5 minutes.
• In a large mixing bowl, add flour and sugar.
• Add salt to the dry ingredients.
• Use a paddle or something sturdy to combine dry ingredients.
• Make well in center and pour in olive oil.
• Pour in yeast mixture as well.
• Using paddle or a sturdy kitchen utensil, mix together ingredients until you can no longer see bits of loose flour.
• This is where the fun begins…Wash your hands thoroughly and then oil your hands with a little bit of olive oil. This will help the dough from sticking to your hands.
• Knead the dough for 5 minutes…I usually keep folding it into itself, like making a square. Fold the top down, then the right side in and then the bottom up and then the left side in. I do that for 5 minutes. Then the dough is no longer sticky, but just tacky. It no longer sticks to your hands or to the bowl, it pulls up when it does.
• I cut this dough ball in half and then rub a little olive oil all the way around each dough ball.
• Place in two separate bowls and cover air tight with seran wrap.
• Let it rise for 1-2 hours on the counter. I usually let it go till it reaches the top. Here’s a pic at 1 and 2 hours.
• Wash your hands again and punch each dough ball down. Round them back out again.
• At this point you can make pizza if you want, but I find it works better to refrigerate it. I place each ball back in its container and replace the seran wrap. Then stick in the fridge. I usually make one that night and another one the next night!
• That’s homemade pizza dough!
Now to make pizza –
• Preheat oven to 500 Degrees Fahrenheit.
• Sprinkle a little flour on your pizza dough and on the rolling pin. Roll out pizza dough on oven safe pan.
• Using hands form into a round circle and create a small crust wall.
• Drizzle olive oil over top and spread over every piece of dough you can see.
• Spread around 3ish Tbsp of pizza sauce over the top.
• Sprinkle on shredded Mozzarella cheese. (I’ve learned the thinner you make your ingredient layers, the better your pizza comes out from the oven. I was a little borderline on making this cheese too thick!
• Place a single layer of pepperoni over the top.
• Bake on 500 Degrees (make sure oven is preheated to the temperature, don’t place pizza in early) for 10 – 12 minutes… start checking it at 8 minutes.
• Slice and Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler is so excited to make homemade pizza dough with her girls. She’s been waiting for a while for this recipe! As always, we’d love to hear how these recipes turn out for you and see all your pictures! You can share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com