Can you believe it’s July 4th already this weekend? I’ve got the perfect recipe for your cook out, and it let’s you stay inside in the AC while it cooks! So our friend Derek and Jay deserve all the credit for this recipe! Derek (who designed just about every logo for the Z), was raving about his friend Jay and his ribs. Derek actually got a Chewbacca Instant Pot because of this rib recipe! So I had to try it myself!
If you love your Instant Pot and love meat that falls off the bone it’s so tender, you’re gonna love this recipe! It takes about an hour and a half from start to finish. It’s quick and easy and the Instant Pot does all the work for you, so you just get to sit back and enjoy time with your family while it cooks!
It’s a great recipe for your family’s picnic. So plug in that Instant Pot and let’s get cooking together!
• 1 Rack Baby Back Ribs
• Favorite BBQ Dry Rub
• 4 Cups Water
• 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
• Favorite BBQ Sauce
How to Make:
• Push the Sauté button on warm on your Instant Pot and add in the water and apple cider vinegar while you prepare the ribs.
• Pat ribs dry with a paper towel.
• Peel off membrane off the back of the ribs. Derek uses a paper towel to do this, but mine was pretty stubborn. Here’s to yours being pretty easy to pull off! 🙂
• Apply your favorite bbq dry rub generously to both sides.
• Cut rack of ribs in half and place in the pot on the lifting rack.
• Lock the lid and set to Meat/Stew for 50 minutes.
• Switch valve to venting when it beeps and is done.
• Let pot depressurization for 10-15 minutes after it beeps.
• Preheat your oven to broil.
• Place ribs on a foil lined (for easy clean up!) cookie sheet and cover both sides of the ribs evenly in bbq sauce.
• Broil for 10-15 minutes with bone side down to carmelize the bbq sauce on top.
• Serve with your favorite side dishes and Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis loves his smoker, but this recipe let’s you stay inside and enjoy the ac and it only takes 90 minutes to make, start to finish, so I’m thinking this recipe may be the clear winner! As always, we’d love to see pictures and hear about how it turned out for you on our Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com