Ok, I finally took the plunge and now I’m sharing my first ever instant pot recipe! I bought it about a month ago after finding a crazy amazing deal on the 6 quart…it’s been sitting in the box ever since! Until this week that is. 😉
So many people love this thing. But, I’ve also heard from just as many friends, like me, who are still staring at this thing in the box! I’ve always been intrigued by the concept, but I have to be honest, I was super intimidated by the pressure cooker thing. I’m also a huge fan of my crockpot and just not ready to give it up.
But, I opened the box and gave it a try…and I’m so glad I did. What I’m learning is liquid is key, so that you never get the dreaded burn message! This recipe is already a family favorite. It’s super easy…everything goes in the pot at the same time and takes about 30 minutes total before dinner is on the table and ready to eat!
Let’s get cooking in our Instant Pot together…
- 1.5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 Can Black Beans, Drained
- 1 Cup Fresh Pico
- 1 Can Chopped Green Chilies
- 1.5 Cup Salsa
- 1.5 Cups White Rice
- Optional Toppings: Cheese, sour cream, green onions, avocado, shredded lettuce, tortillas, tortilla chips
How to Make:
- In your 6 quart instant pot, pour a little bit of the chicken broth in the bottom. This will help the chicken not stick to the bottom.
- Place the whole chicken breast in the bottom.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over top of the chicken.
- Add can of black beans, fresh pico, can of green chilies and salsa to the pot.
- Add rice to the top, then pour in the rest of the chicken broth.
- Make sure the rice is covered in liquid.
- Place the top on the instant pot and make sure it’s fastened securely. Switch to sealing. Press the pressure cooker function and set on 7 minutes. It will take around 15 minutes to heat up, cooks for 7 minutes and then keep on the keep warm setting for about 10-12 minutes. Switch to vent and allow to release remaining pressure before opening.
- Fluff the rice and place lid back on for about 5 more minutes to allow it to set up.
- Take two forks to shred the chicken and mix everything together.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Are you a fan of the Instant Pot? Ellis has been for a while, but now we are trying to talk Tyler into it! We’d love for you to share pictures of your family enjoying this meal together and also hear your favorite Instant Pot recipes…please share them on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com